Can I be finednow for a DUI that happened out of state10 years ago?

Asked on November 5, 2011 under Criminal Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Your question is quite vague and as such, it is essentially impossible to answer it as framed. If you were arrested for a driving under the influence of alcohol or a contolled substance ten (10) years ago and the charge was never resolved as to you where you failed to appear at a court hearing, there is most likely a bench warrant outstanding for your arrest in that particular state.

Meaning, if you are pulled over and the bench warrant appears, you will be take into custody to clear it.

However, if you resolved the charge that you are writing about completely including payment of all fines, then there is nothing for you to worry about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.