Can I be concidered for the Dream Act deferred action?

I came to the us when I was 17; I’m currently 25 and will turn 26 in 5 months. So I’ve been in the US for about 8 years. I obtained my GED and I have no criminal record. I have all the requirements except that I was 17 when my parents brought me to the US.

Asked on August 14, 2012 under Immigration Law, Florida


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Sorry, you must have entered the US prior to turning 16. Thus, you will not qualify.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.