Can I ask for more money from a company to repair damage that they caused to my home?

A company installed a, air-conditioning unit incorrectly which caused a water leak and

caused the ceiling to collapse and damage the flooring. Their insurer only offered $18,000 to complete all repairs, however it is not enough to complete the repairs needed. Can I get more money than what they offered? How?

Asked on September 6, 2018 under Insurance Law, Arizona


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry!  When you say "the insurance company" whose did you mean?  The AC installer?  You should also call your own insurer and see about making a claim under your homeowners and letting them go after the installer. Do not accept the offer if the damages that resulted were higher.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.