Can anything be done against the injustice my bouyfriend suffered.?

Was interrogated after being charged for rapong a boy who consented. Was thirteen at the time and both parties constedted to anal sexual intercourse. there was no penetration. Was interrogated without lawyer, paren or member of Social Services present. was recorded asking 9 times for the interrogation to stop. and was bullied into giving a plea AFTER asking for the interrogation to stop. the judge pointed out 9 times on the tape jason had asked the interrogation to stop. and he was put on probation and has to undergo therapy that is court mandated. what can be done? he accepted the plea

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Criminal Law, Georgia


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately if he stood before a judge and accepted the plea its difficult to change the now agreed upon situation. However it sounds as if there is a lot to this case and it will require more than a paragraph to explain. What i strongly urge you to do is contact a local attorney who specializes in criminal defense.

Depending on the circumstances, possible duress, underage (it sounds as if he was 13), lack of an adult or attorney there, his continued request to stop, the attorney may be able to make a motion to re-argue and possibly have the plea set aside.

Without all the facts and being I am not admitted in GA I cannot tell you exactly what if anything can happen but again it would be a good idea to speak to a local criminal attorney. Good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.