Can a personal injury lawyer file a wrongful death suit

I was involved in an car accident that resulted in a miscarriage

Asked on January 9, 2019 under Personal Injury, Oklahoma


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

Yes, a personal injury attorney can file or represent you in a wrongful death suit--a wrongful death suit essentially is a personal injury suit, since it grows out of an injury or death to a person from an accident, and the same factors are used to determine liability (whether the other side is responsible for the injury or death) and the amount of any compensation in both "regular" personal injury suits and wrongful death cases.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.