Can a non US citizen go on a cruise that has multiple stops using the I-512L Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States?

The non US citizen is a Hong Kong passport
holder and currently going through the green
card process.

Asked on April 30, 2016 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

The advance parole is for reentry back to the US to contine the permanent residence process.  In order to be able to enter various locations of the cruise, the person needs to have a valid passport and visas, as may be required, for entry into those foreign territories.  The advance parole is not a travel document for entry to other countries.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.