Can a father that was served child custody papers and failed to comply within the allotted time, turn around and try to serve his own?

Asked on January 24, 2013 under Family Law, California


Cameron Norris, Esq. / Law Office of Gary W. Norris

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I don't understand the question.  What is "failed to comply with the allotted time"?  Does that mean he didn't respond in time?  Does that mean he is filing his own motion in response to your motion? 

Please restate the question so that we an give you some practical advice here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.