California drivers license

11 years ago I got my second DUI I was 22 at the time. Is there any way for me to get my license back without haveing to take the 18 month class?

Asked on June 1, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The class is required according to the California DMV. You may be eligible for a restricted license, but certain reinstatement requirements must be completed. Call the DMV at 1-800-777-0133 to find out if this is an option for you and to ask if there is any way for you to avoid the class.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.