Business taxes

I want to start a business, and I need some advice please.I live in Romania, and I want to sell through the internet products in US.For that I know I need a business entity. I would like to register one in US, in Delaware, but I don’t understand how it works.I read many guides and advice and still don’t get it. If I have my business in Delaware, I pay the annual Delaware franchise and taxes. But if I sell outside Delaware, in the entire US, what taxes do I need to pay? I pay taxes only on the products that are shipped in Delaware or do I need to pay taxes to each state I sell in?Thanks.

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Business Law


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

We cannot render legal advice to you because we don't serve as your counsel. You need to hire an international business attorney who can help you with such matters.

Please try to look for a business attorney and check his or her record at the State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.