bought a truck 7-1999 had truck for year year and a half got behind on payments let it go back they basicaly want me to still pay

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Alabama


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area.  If you gave the truck back, but the value of the truck did not cover the amount owed, then the company may seek a deficiancy claim.  I am hard pressed to imagine that the company is seeking  money from you after having the truck back.  I would need to see the contract you signed to give you a more definitive answer. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.