What to do about a bad check charge that is 6 years old?

I accidentally wrote a check for $65 and it bounced. I missed the letter from the store and it ended up at the magistrate. I ended up pleading guilty and paid $283. I know it is a summary offense but will this be on a background check for employers? Do I have to say yes to the question on the application asking if I have ever committed a crime? Also how can I get this expunged?

Asked on February 27, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.