What to do if I was arrested for a DUI after a car accident?

My BAC was 27. This was my first offense and I need my license for work and family.

Asked on October 16, 2013 under Criminal Law, Georgia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to hire private criminal defense counsel or a court appointed attorney to help you see if you qualify with an alternative or delayed conviction and if you do, pursuant to meeting certain conditions like rehab and fines, you might be able to have it dismissed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.