Applying for my 2 GreenCard through marriage. My husband hasn’t done his taxes. Can I still get approved?

I have to send my I-751 for to USCIS to remove the conditions my permanent resident status. I have all the documents ready and did my taxes. Although my husband is falling behind on this aspect.
Can I still send in all the papers and have no problems?
Thanks in advance.

Asked on September 26, 2017 under Immigration Law, New Jersey


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can submit all the paperwork but it is a good idea for your husband to complete all of his as well so that there are no delays in the adjudication.  You have to submit all the supporting documentation with your application so that you can hopefully waive the interview.  If the documentation is not submitted, you will most likely be called up for an interview and will have to present all that evidence at that time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.