If my ex is refusing to provide me with an address to mail alimony payments, what are my options?

Asked on March 8, 2018 under Family Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

If she has an attorney, send them to her attorney.
If she does not have an attorney, send them to your attorney and let him/her escrow them for you until the ex reaches out for the payments. This will show that you are making the payments and not trying to get out of your responsibilities.
And/or contact clerk's office in the family court and ask what to do in this situation; they will probably then have you speak to one of the judges' chambers (i.e. the judge's staff or office), which can provide guidance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.