If my ex-wife has been taking out daughter to Mexico without my permission using her old passport book from the US, how do I stop this?

What form do I file to stop this? I was under the impression that both parents had to agree to this. After the divorce the court gave me weekends with my daughter.

Asked on October 16, 2015 under Family Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If the passport is still active and/or Mexico allows border crossing with even expired passports, there isn't much you can do other than to seek an amendment to the custody agreement.
Consult a family law attorney to petition the court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.