If I filed forn N400, should I file N600 for my children sinve they have a greencard?

If you say that I have to file N 600 what do I have to do now if I’ve already filed an N 400 a month ago? My children are 12 and 14.

Asked on November 27, 2011 under Immigration Law, California


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Your children will automatically be naturalized once you are naturalized because of their young.  In order to then obtain a certificate of naturalization for them, you will need to submit a form for that. But you will need to do that after you are actually naturalized and have your own certificate of naturalization in hand.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.