What should my wife do if a wedding ring was reported stolen at my wife’s job and the police left a message for her and other employees to come to the station?

They want them to answer questions regarding the ring. Does she need legal assistance?

Asked on June 27, 2012 under Criminal Law, North Dakota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your wife knows nothing about the taking of the wedding ring at her place of work then she really does not need legal representation.

However, if she knows something about the ring situation then I suggest that she consult with a criminal defense attorney before shge discusses anything about the matter with law enforcement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.