What are my rights if a nurse at the county jail gave me the wrong medication and I suffered a really bad reaction?

I filed a prisoner’s complaint on her and the medication was Trazadone instead of Tramadol. What is your advice? I filed for 15,000?

Asked on February 28, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you were given the improper medication at the county jai and suffered damages as a result, I suggest that you contact a personal injury lawyer with experience in governmental tort claims as soon as possible to assist you in pursuing your matter a timely filing a tort claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.