If a local church offered to match whatever amount we raised for my son, what can we do to access this money?

As a result all of the money we raised was turned over to the church to be added along with their money and a member of the church deposited it in the bank for my son on his behalf. My son would like to have this money and cant access it without the depositor and the bank said they cant give us their info and that we would have to wait for them (depositor) to call us. We’ve been to the bank 2 times and told the same thing both times and received no call.

Asked on May 26, 2013 under Estate Planning, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If the acount is for your son who I presume is a minor and you are his guardians then under the laws of all states in this country the bank is required to provide you with the namea of all people who are on the account. If the bank still refuses to give you such information you can retain a business attorney to help or nake a complaint against the bank with your state's department of corporations.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.