a friend got arrested b&e felony violated probation an left state to see his sick mom he wants 2 come back he’s wonderin how much time he’s looking at

im basically wonderin how much time he will get and what other charges he could be looking at if you could help it would be nice the crime and case is in michigan thank you

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Criminal Law, Michigan


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

There are some differences in how this works, from one state to another, so for reliable advice, your friend will need to talk to a Michigan lawyer, ideally from the same area as where the charges are.  One place to look for a qualified attorney in any state is our website, http://attorneypages.com

To provide reliable advice, your friend's lawyer will need more information, starting with what his original sentence was, how much of it he served and how much of his probation was served, to start with.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.