a drunk driver ran into the back of me on may17, 2009 he was aressted on the scene i did not recieve a police report what can i do

Asked on June 4, 2009 under Accident Law, Maryland


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Normally all you need to do in order to obtain a police report is call the local precinct and ask exactly what procedure they follow in ordering said report. The specifics differ from precinct to precinct but in general whomever answers the phone should be able to direct you as to what steps to take

You also can physically go down to the preceinct and usually that makes things easier as they may offer a copy right there ensuring you receive it and ina timeley fashion

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.