A car damaged my property

A drunk driver with thier car damaged my property, my restaurant lost business
because of that. The other party admitted responsibility. How do I recup the
restaurant sales lost?

Asked on March 3, 2016 under Accident Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you have to provide data regarding your monthly sales, in some form that is credible or official, such as audited financial statements, sales tax reports, etc. You can only recover compensation for business losses you can prove by a preponderance of the evidence, or "more likely than not," by reliable evidence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.