If I was involved in an accident and have been without a car since, what should I tell the adjuster since the other driver finally admitted fault?

We all want to settle. The accident happened 90 days ago and the other driver was ticketed.

Asked on February 1, 2013 under Accident Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you want to settle the mishap that you were in put together all documents setting forth your damages and then make a settlement demand upon the other side to try and resolve the dispute sooner rather than later. If settlement negotiations bog down, I suggest that you consult with a personal injury attorney with experience in auto accidents.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.