What to do if became intoxicated and went for a walk in the dark in my new meighborhood but when coming home walked into the wrong house?

I have just moved to this new neighborhood and walked into the wrong house by mistake. The owners called the cops and when they showed up they took me away. Upon finding out about my health issues they took me to the ER where they filed a petition saying that I had to have a psych evaluation before the hospital could release me. Then the cops just left so I obviously wasnt under arrest. I haven’t heard anything else about it so I was wondering if this means that everything is going to be okay or not?

Asked on September 22, 2012 under Criminal Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you may want to consult with a criminal defense attorney to contact the county district attorney's office where the event took place to ascertain if any criminal charges have been filed against you and if not, will charges be filed.

Based upon such information, your criminal defense attorney can advise you on what to expect and what needs to be done to protect your interests if anything at all needs to be done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.