If 18 years ago I was cited for DUI in another state but didn’t apperar for my last day in court an an FTA warrent was issued, what do I do to clear this up?

Is there a statute of limitations. I never went back to take care of the this. I have just pushed it under the rug all these years.

Asked on July 24, 2012 under Criminal Law, Michigan



Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need to consult an attorney in the state where the DUI charge/warrant was issued.  The good news is that you apparently have been able to obtain and renew your Michigan drivers license???????   If not,  please advise.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.