If 15 days has passed sinceI got arrested butI still have the 40 days before my license is suspended, can I still get help from a lawyer to try and keep license?

Should I speak with a DUI attorney? I’m in Robertson, TX.

Asked on October 26, 2011 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you have recently been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance it is best that you immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney who does primary driving under the influnce matters about your situation and your desire to retain your driver's license without any suspension.

As you are aware, many states impose by statute automatic license suspensions of a person's driving privileges simply as a result of a driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance arrest.

Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.