If I received a temporary support order but my husband is not abiding and has not paid, how do I file a motion for wage garnishment?

Also, how do I supoena my husband’s creidt cards, bank accounts, tax records, telephone and internet communication records related to his income, work contracts, his partners taxes and escrew accounts (where he is hiding the money), foreing banks and tax accounts? He is lying about his income.

Asked on September 10, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your husband is not abiding by a court order to pay temporary support, the proper process is to file a petition with the court that issued the order seeking that he held in contempt of the issued order as opposed to filing a motion for a wage garnishment.

Such will be easier and a lot quicker than going through a wage garnishment process based upon my experience in such matters. I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney about this matter for assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.