FreeAdvice.com is a unit of Advice Company (formerly Advice and Counsel Incorporated) founded in 1991, and an Internet leader since 1995.
The Company has an experienced, dedicated and technologically savvy Management Team, founded by a serial entrepreneur who also is a nationally recognized, top-rated attorney who became President & CEO of a unit of one of America's largest and most respected insurance companies. Benefiting from the input of its distinguished Board of Directors, the company is privately owned, primarily by members of its Management Team, with a minority interest held by several sophisticated outside investors.
Among the Company's ventures are:
- AttorneyPages®, at http://AttorneyPages.com, an easy to use consumer oriented national directory of qualified attorneys, lawyers and law firms that provides marketing and lead generation services for attorneys and law firms.
- Expert Pages®, at http://ExpertPages.com, the original and leading Internet directory of expert witnesses and consultants, which has been repeatedly recognized as "best in class” by other leading legal publishers. ExpertPages became a unit of the Company's affiliate Adviceco Ventures Company on April 1, 2015.
- FreeAdvice®, at http://www.FreeAdvice.com/,the first and still most visited legal and insurance information and advice website for consumers. With extensive information covering over 130 legal subjects and every type of insurance, it has been winning acclaim from national media since 1996.
- Advice & Counsel Newsletter, a financial security and legally oriented print newsletter that has been distributed each month for over 15 years to tens of thousands of clients of major insurance and financial services companies. Among its customers have been Allianz, Chase, Fortis, ING, Modern Woodmen, Wellpoint and Zurich.
- For the first 12 years of its existence, the Company also was a principal of www.DoItYourself.com, then the leading independent home improvement, maintenance and repair site, which was acquired in January, 2007 by Internet Brands Inc.
Headquartered just 3 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito, California, with offices on San Francisco Bay, the Company or its affiliates maintain offices and/or contract staff in the Chicago, IL., New York, NY., and Washington, DC metropolitan areas.
The easy-to-understand legal content on FreeAdvice.com was prepared and is continually updated by nationally respected specialists at dozens of leading American law firms, by highly credentialed attorneys and legal professionals on the Company's legal and editorial staffs, and by the Company's extensive network of participating attorneys.
The insurance information at http://insurance.FreeAdvice.com was prepared and is updated by leading insurance experts who view insurance from the consumer's perspective, and includes extensive consumer reviews.
We welcome submission of original high quality legal, insurance and financial / investment content, including articles, Q&As, how to's, videos, and interactive tools for publication on our sites, and welcome visitor suggestions for new and expanded material.
Our FreeAdvice Forums at http://forum.FreeAdvice.com are the Internet's most visited consumer legal forums. Consumers can pose questions and receive answers and suggestions from other consumers, experts and attorneys in 50 topics.
Our FreeAdvice 'Ask a Lawyer' service enables consumers to ask questions of lawyers, and receive answers from attorneys at no charge.
FreeAdvice.com seeks to provide the most useful, easy-to-understand, comprehensive and balanced legal information, general legal advice, and insurance help and to consumers and small businesses. It also helps connect consumers to attorneys and insurance professionals to get personal advice, help and solutions for their legal and insurance problems.
Online for over nearly 20 years, FreeAdvice.com has won numerous awards and honors. It was voted the "most extremely useful" legal website for consumers in the USA Today - Intelli-Quest Poll, selected by PC World as one of the Best 125 Free Sites on the entire Web, named the legal site of the year by Access Magazine and highlighted as one of the 100 featured sites of PC Magazine's Best 1000 websites. FreeAdvice has received repeated accolades and top recognition on many radio and TV shows and in such highly respected publications as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post's and Forbes Magazine's "Best of the Web" the leading legal website for consumers.
FreeAdvice.com also has benefited from advice and input from members of its former Editorial Advisory Board comprised of distinguished attorneys, including law school deans and law professors, consumer advocates, former senior Government officials, senior partners at several of America's leading law firms, and senior counsel in leading corporate law departments and consumer organizations.
FreeAdvice.com's affiliated legal directory of consumer-oriented lawyers, AttorneyPages.com, has been a leading source of information about lawyers nationwide for nearly 20 years and serves an a helpful resource for consumers and small business owners who wish to retain qualified counsel to represent them.